How do I register my cat or dog?
You need to register dogs and cats over the age of three months or risk a fine of $370 if you do not register. Annual renewals are due by 10 April each year. Renewal notices will be sent out prior to this date.
Your pet has to be microchipped and needs to carry its tag at all times.
Contact Council to have a registration form mailed to you.
More than two cats or dogs?
You need to apply for a permit if you want to keep more than two cats or two dogs.
What does pet registration cost?
|Transfer from other Council**||$6||$6|
|Maximum pensioner fee#||$48.00||$48.00|
|Minimum pensioner fee#||$16.00||$16.00|
**Transfer fee from another Shire (for first year only - proof required)
# Pension Concession Card holders receive a 50% discount (Health Care Card holders are not eligible)
You pay the reduced fee for:
- Desexed animals (proof of sterilisation is required)
- Animals over 10 years old
- Animals kept for breeding by the proprietor of a domestic animal business conducted on a registered premise
- Animals registered with an Association approved by Council i.e. Feline Control Council or Victorian Canine Association (proof of current registration must be supplied in each case)
- Dogs kept for working stock
- Obedience-trained dog(s)
- Guide Dogs are free