How do I register my cat or dog?
You have to register dogs and cats over the age of three months by 10 April each year. You risk a fine of $317 if you do not register.
Your pet has to be microchipped and needs to carry its tag at all times.
Contact Council to have a registration form mailed to you.
More than two cats or dogs?
You need to apply for a permit if you want to keep more than two cats or two dogs.
What does pet registration cost?
|Transfer from other Council**||$7||$7|
|Maximum pensioner fee#||$43||$43|
|Minimum pensioner fee#||$17||$17|
**Transfer fee from another Shire (for first year only - proof required)
# Pension Concession Card holders receive a 50% discount (Health Care Card holders are not eligible)
You pay the reduced fee for:
- Desexed animals (proof of sterilisation is required)
- Animals over 10 years old
- Animals kept for breeding by the proprietor of a domestic animal business conducted on a registered premise
- Animals registered with an Association approved by Council i.e. Feline Control Council or Victorian Canine Association (proof of current registration must be supplied in each case)
- Dogs kept for working stock
- Obedience-trained dog(s)
- Guide Dogs are free