The L2P Program is a statewide initiative aimed at assisting young learner drivers (aged from 16 – 20) who are facing significant barriers to completing the 120 mandatory hours of on road driving experience.
L2P is a community-based volunteer program designed to provide access to driving practice on public roads for learner drivers under the supervision of a fully licenced driver. Learner drivers are matched with a volunteer supervising driver (Mentor) from the community, who works with the learner so that they can achieve their goal of 120 hours.
If you live in the Alpine Shire, already have your Learner’s Permit and you need help to get your driving hours, call the Alpine Shire L2P Coordinator on 0418 736 665 or email L2P@alpineshire.vic.gov.au.
A free keys2drive lesson is available to all learner drivers.
Mentor Young Drivers
If you want to assist young people in getting their driving hours for a P-permit, we'd love to welcome you as a mentor!
- A full driver’s licence
- Experience as a driver
- A police check
- A Working with Children Check
- Be available at least two hours per week
You will be supported in your role by the program coordinator and invited to monthly mentor meetings.
The following organisations make the Alpine L2P Program possible:
- Victoria - State Government
- Wangaratta Motor Group
- Bendigo Bank - Bright Community Bank Branch
- Bendigo Bank - Mount Beauty & District Community Bank Branch
- Upper Kiewa Valley Lions Club
- DJs Super Car Wash Mount Beauty
- Magistrates' Court of Victoria
- Wash me Jack - Car & Dog Wash
- Bright Car Wash