Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Getting vaccinated is more important than ever

For everything you need to know about COVID-19 in Victoria, head to

COVID-19 Testing Locations

Please visit the following services to find a testing location nearest to you:

Free Rapid Antigen Test kits are available from:

  • All Pharmacies located in the Alpine Shire
  • Alpine Health Testing Clinics

Changes to Council Services

Visitors to our libraries, transfer stations, Bright Council office and other community facilities will no longer be required to check in.

All patrons are welcome at Council facilities, regardless of their vaccination status.

COVID-19 Vaccinations

A full list of participating GPs and pharmacies is available by clicking here (link to PDF).

Albury Wodonga Public Health Unit will also continue to provide its outreach clinics in Alpine Shire. 

Important information regarding coronavirus (COVID-19)

Alpine Shire Council is closely monitoring the situation and working with the Victorian Department of Health.

For up-to-date information, please refer to the Department of Health.

Coronavirus hotline 1800 675 398

If you suspect you may have the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) call the dedicated hotline – open 24 hours, 7 days. Please keep Triple Zero (000) for emergencies only.

Videos about coronavirus and how to help prevent its spread

Answers to Frequently Asked Questions are available on the DH website including:

  • What is coronavirus?
  • How is coronavirus spread?
  • What are the symptoms of coronavirus?
  • What is close contact?
  • Who is most at risk of coronavirus?
  • What if I have travelled overseas?
  • Should I cancel my travel plans?
  • I am feeling unwell, what should I do?
  • Where are the coronavirus assessment centres?

Council assistance packages for residents and businesses


  • Residential ratepayers can enter into a payment arrangement or apply for financial hardship consideration regarding rates.  Each case will be assessed on individual circumstances with outcomes customised according to the need of each case.
  • Council will continue to maintain a vulnerable person’s register as described by the Department of Health and Human Services, Council’s Emergency Management Team will also work with partner agencies to assist the most vulnerable in our community.

Information on support for business is available on our Coronavirus Business Support page.

What is Alpine Shire Council doing in response to COVID-19?

Contact Customer Service via phone on 5755 0555 or email

Please check this page regularly to stay up-to-date about Council’s response to COVID-19 - this is a fast-moving, constantly changing situation

Mental health and wellbeing during the coronavirus outbreak

The outbreak of the coronavirus COVID-19 has impacted people in varying ways on an international scale. It is understandable during times like this that people may be feeling afraid, worried, anxious and overwhelmed by the constantly changing alerts and media coverage regarding the spread of the virus.
While it is important to stay informed, and have some mental health and wellbeing tips and strategies to continue looking after ourselves and each other during these difficult times. The Lifeline telephone, text and webchat services will continue as normal throughout the COVID-19 crisis.

Lifeline - 13 11 14 (24 hours/7 days)

Beyond Blue has launched a dedicated Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service - call or onlinePhone: 1800 512 348 (24 hours/ 7days)

Kids Helpline - 1800 551 800 or online

Albury Wodonga Health Mental Health Triage Service - 1300 104 211 | 24/7 Mental Health Triage Line

More resources:

If you, or someone you know, is experiencing family violence, help is available.

Communicating with your child about COVID-19

Many parents and carers may be wondering how to talk with their child or children about COVID-19 and what information to share. Emerging Minds has a resource designed to help parents and caregivers to prepare for these conversations.

Support for specific segments of the community

People with a disability and their carers

Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities


Services for Parents

Crisis Support for Parents

  • Parent Helpline - 13 22 89 (8am to midnight 7 days a week)

Income and material support

Income support for individuals

JobSeeker Payment 

Supplements for Centrelink Beneficiaries and other Income Support - New and existing JobSeeker and selected other Centrelink recipients will receive a six-month supplement of $550 a fortnight, with no asset test or waiting periods to access the payment. Eligibility for JobSeeker Payment and Youth Allowance has been expanded to include permanent employees who have been stood down or lost their job, sole traders, self-employed, casuals or contract workers whose income has reduced, and those caring for someone affected by coronavirus.

Emergency Relief

Emergency Relief for People in Self-isolation

The Victorian Government can provide a two-week package of food and personal care items to people in mandatory self-isolation and in need. To find out more, phone 1800 675 398.

Red Cross Emergency Relief - The Red Cross can distribute one-off packages of food and essential items to eligible persons and families on temporary visas, funded by the Federal Government.

Help Paying for Electricity, Gas or Water

The Victorian Government Utility Relief Grant Scheme provides eligible Victorians with Pensioner, Health Care or Veterans Gold cards, and who are facing financial hardship or high rental costs, with up to $650 on each utility type across a two-year period or $1,300 for those with a single source of energy. Apply to electricity, gas or water retailers.

Alpine Communities Food Access Guide

Alpine Health has compiled an Alpine Communities Food Access Guide to support all community members to access local food.

Included are contact details of emergency food relief services in each Alpine township, as well as links to local food producers, food outlets, community gardens and food swaps. 

Advice and assistance for workers

Federal Government Economic Assistance

The Australian Government is acting decisively in the national interest to support households and businesses and address the significant economic consequences of coronavirus.

The Government’s economic response targets three areas:

Supporting Individuals and Households

This assistance includes income support payments, payments to support households and temporary early releases of superannuation.

  • Income support for individuals
  • Payments to support households
  • Temporary early release of superannuation
  • Temporarily reducing superannuation minimum drawdown rates
  • Reducing social security deeming rates

Learn more about support for individuals and households

Support for Businesses

Business Concierge Service

As we all navigate the newest changes to COVID-19 restrictions, help is on hand for our local businesses.

We know the Government’s increased identification checking and QR code record keeping requirements will place a strain on local businesses and staff.

We know it can be confusing to understand exactly what you, as a business operator, need to do.

That’s where Council’s Business Concierge can help.

Our Business Concierge is here to support businesses to implement COVIDSafe practices, ensure their customers check-in correctly and understand the importance of the check-in processes for contact tracing in case of outbreaks. 

If you’re a small business operator who needs help to review your COVIDSafe plan, or advice on the checking in of patrons, please contact Council on 5755 0555 to be referred to our Business Concierge.

Hotline help for businesses dealing with COVID-19 impacts

A hotline is available for businesses dealing with the significant challenges posed by the COVID-19 outbreak.

Businesses across the state can now access information on dealing with COVID-19 by calling the Business Victoria hotline on 13 22 15.

In addition to calling the Business Victoria hotline, business operators can also find information at

Council has a dedicated Coronavirus Business Support page, which is regularly updated with information, opportunities for support and important resources.

Information in other languages

Rate this page