From time to time road works and/or large projects require the partial or complete closure of roads within the Alpine Shire.
This also applies to events held within the Shire. The information below outlines any upcoming road closures that residents and/or visitors should be aware of.
Visit VicRoads for all up-to-date road closures. Emergencies can quickly result in the closure of roads - before you travel, ensure your route is clear.
Use multiple sources to stay informed
- VicEmergency Hotline - freecall 1800 226 226
- VicEmergency app
- Facebook or Twitter (#vicfires)
- Tune in to ABC Local Radio, commercial and designated community radio stations, or Sky News TV.
- A full list of Official Emergency Broadcasters is available online at VicEmergency
Bright Make It, Bake It, Grow It Markets
Third Saturday of each month
Howitt Park, Bright
7.00am to approximately 2.00pm
- The car park behind the Sound Shell in Howitt Park will be closed on market days until further notice.
Great Alpine Road
You can find out more about what's planned on the Regional Roads Victoria website at regionalroads.vic.gov.au or call the hotline on 133 778.
Road and Bridge Works
Council has a regular schedule of road and bridge management works to ensure the Alpine Shire's vital infrastructure is maintained, along with a number of major road and bridge projects. Contact Council's Asset Maintenance team for more information.
Bogong High Plains Road and Dargo High Plains Road
The Bogong High Plains and Dargo High Plains roads are subject to seasonal closures.
Refer to VicRoads for the most up to date information on these roads.