When do I pay rates?
Annual valuation and rate notices are posted in August and reminder notices are issued prior to each instalment date.
Instalments are due on these dates:
- 30 September
- 30 November
- 28 February
- 31 May
Late or overdue payments will attract interest charges in accordance with the Local Government Act 1989. For more details, please refer to the reverse side of your rate notice.
Receive your rate notice by email
By signing up for Ezybill you will have the convenience of receiving your quarterly rates notices via email and have access to your notices through the Ezybill portal from any electronic device 24 hours a day, making payment both easy and convenient.
Simply register for this easy option to manage your payments, save paper and reduce waste.
Visit alpineshire.ezybill.com.au to sign up.
If you are having or are going to have trouble paying your rates please contact Council to discuss the options that are available to you. Our staff can help you to work out the best payment plan and will provide confidential advice.
A Rates Hardship Application Form is available - please print this form, complete it and return it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to:
Alpine Shire Council
PO Box 139
Bright VIC 3741
You can also return it in person at one of our Customer Service Centres located at the Bright Council Office, Mount Beauty Library or Myrtleford Library.
How can I pay my rates?
- B-Pay – payment details are on your rate notice
- B-Pay View - Register to receive and pay your rates electronically
- By telephone: call 1300 276 468 to pay by Mastercard and Visa. Refer to rate notice for payment details.
- Credit card payment online
- Post Office – please take your rates notice to the Post Office
- In person - at any Alpine Shire branch office
- By mail - post to Alpine Shire Council, PO Box 139, Bright VIC 3741