When do I pay rates?
Annual valuation and rate notices are posted in August and reminder notices are issued prior to each instalment date.
Instalments are due on these dates:
- 30 September
- 30 November
- 28 February
- 31 May
Late or overdue payments will attract interest charges in accordance with the Local Government Act 1989. For more details, please refer to the reverse side of your rate notice.
If you are having or are going to have trouble paying your rates please contact Council to discuss the options that are available to you. Our staff can help you to work out the best payment plan and will provide confidential advice.
How can I pay my rates?
- B-Pay – payment details are on your rate notice
- B-Pay View - Register to receive and pay your rates electronically
- By telephone: call 1300 276 468 to pay by Mastercard and Visa. Refer to rate notice for payment details.
- Credit card payment online
- Post Office – please take your rates notice to the Post Office
- In person - at any Alpine Shire branch office
- By mail - post to Alpine Shire Council, PO Box 139, Bright VIC 3741