While we welcome the return of our community members, please carefully consider your need to visit and use our library services. Social distancing measures are still in place and we ask you restrict your visit to a maximum of 15 minutes. Please use the external chutes to return your items. Upon entry to the library, use the sanitizer provided to disinfect your hands and follow our marking to assist in appropriate social distancing behaviors.
We will be providing a limited library service. Services available include:
- Patrons can browse and borrow for a maximum of 15 minutes
- Items to be returned via external chutes
- Public access computers will be available for use, up to a maximum of 30 minutes. You will be asked to supply personal details if you stay longer than 15 minutes
- You can place item/hold requests within the High Country Network
- Upper Gundowring Outreach to resume on scheduled date 15th June
- Toilets are not available for public use.
- There will be no meeting room use or hire
- Newspapers will be unavailable
- Headphones will not be available for loan
- No loans from outside of the High Country Library Network
- Children’s programs (including StoryTime and RhymeTime) and adult programs are not recommencing
- Click & Collet forms will cease; however, you can still request items using the Library Catalogue
- No access to kitchen facilities
- JP services are unavailable
Please note, we are working to keep our community safe by:
- quarantining all items upon return
- limiting visits to 15 minutes
- encouraging physical distancing
- regularly cleaning hard surfaces
For more information about contact and opening hours for each of our locations, visit our location pages:
Have a question? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions below!
How do I renew books?
All items have been set up to automatically renew. An item may not renew if it has already exceeded the maximum number of renewals or if there is a hold request on the item.
Alternatively, you can call any of our library branches and a staff member will manually renew an item on your behalf.
Additionally, you can visit the High-Country Library Catalogue and log onto your library account. Log onto your account with your library membership number and pin number. Your default pin is the last four digits of your library membership number. Renew your items under “My Account”
Can I still order online from other libraries?
Currently, Libraries across Victoria are stopping courier services between library branches. However, we are running a courier service between the High Country Library Network Libraries (Bright, Myrtleford, Mount Beauty, Wangaratta, Benalla and Mansfield). You are therefore only able to order items that are held within one of the High Country Library Network branches.