Getting it right is easy – just follow these simple steps:
- Know what you can recycle.
- Check for recycling in every room.
Many items in your kitchen, bathroom, laundry, lounge and study can go in your recycling bin.
- Make sure items are empty.
- Items don’t need to be sparkling clean, just empty. Remove solids food scraps like pizza and leftovers.
- Keep recycling out of plastic bags.
Remember, if you put your recycling in plastic bags it may end up in landfill because it can’t be sorted and recycled.
- Polystyrene foam packaging – place in your rubbish bin.
- Ceramic and glass waste (non packaging) such as cups, crockery, drinking glasses, Pyrex glass, ovenware, window glass and mirrors, should be wrapped (if broken) and placed in your garbage bin.
- Scrap metal items like car parts – go to one of the three waste facilities located in Myrtleford, Porepunkah and Mount Beauty.
For more information on recycling, please visit Get it Right on Bin Night.