COVID restrictions easing
From 6pm Friday, 29 October Victoria will reach 80% double vaccinated and key restrictions will ease.
We’re so proud of our community - recent vaccination rates show that more than 95% of Alpine Shire residents have received their first vaccination, and 83.6% are double vaccinated - what an achievement!
You will see some changes to Council’s services as we meet new vaccination requirements for Phase C.
All visitors to the following facilities will need to show evidence that they are fully vaccinated, density limits apply:
- Bright Sports Centre and pool
- Myrtleford, Bright and Mount Beauty Libraries - A Click and Collect service will be in place for library patrons who are not fully vaccinated
- All users of community facilities will need to be fully vaccinated.
No vaccination evidence is required to visit our Bright Council Office, Transfer Stations or Visitor Information Centres.
Key changes to restrictions include:
- Regional Victoria and metropolitan Melbourne will unite and share the same restrictions, enabling people to travel between Melbourne, regional Victoria and interstate again
- Masks will remain mandatory indoors but are no longer required outdoors
- It is highly recommended Victorians continue to wear a mask outdoors where they cannot physically distance
- Work from home if you can OR go to work if you are fully vaccinated. Masks must be worn indoors in workplaces
- Most indoor settings, including restaurants, pubs, gyms and hairdressers will open with no capacity limits subject to a one person per four square metres limit, if all staff and patrons are fully vaccinated
- Most outdoor settings will be at one person per two square metres up to 500, where staff and patrons are fully vaccinated
- Customers and workers in retail do not need to be fully vaccinated
Implications for businesses
Phase C requires many businesses (including hospitality, hair and beauty, gyms and entertainment) to comply with requirements that all workers and all patrons are fully vaccinated.
Hospitality businesses can continue to offer takeaway if they do not have all staff fully vaccinated, but cannot provide seated service from 6pm tonight. Hair and beauty, gyms and entertainment venues must close if they do not meet the fully vaccinated requirements.
All hospitality workers must be fully vaccinated by the time we reach Phase D of the National Plan (90% vaccination rate) if they are working on site, even if they are only providing takeaway, as part of mandatory vaccination requirements for select workers.
Retail businesses do not need to check vaccination status, and workers do not need to be fully vaccinated until we reach Phase D.
Accommodation bookings are subject to the private gathering limit and are permitted for:
- the person making the booking, plus
- the other members of their household, plus
- the intimate partners of the person or any member of their household, plus
- 10 additional people (dependants included, infants under the age of 1 excluded).
Vaccination is strongly recommended for all guests. Density quotients apply to communal and outdoor spaces. Only fully vaccinated guests can access those spaces with vaccination requirements, such as swimming pools and restaurants.
- All businesses are urged to review their worker vaccination requirements against Victoria’s Roadmap: Delivering the National Plan (link below)
- Phase C of the Roadmap provides for a progressive reopening with eased capacity limits across various settings when all attendees and workers are fully vaccinated
- The option of eased capacity limits will only apply if everyone present is fully vaccinated (or has a valid medical exemption)
- This means if your workers are not fully vaccinated, you may not be able to open or to apply the eased capacity limits offered in the Roadmap
- Encourage your workers to get vaccinated as soon as possible
- Learn more or book and appointment at https://www.alpinehealth.org.au/covid-19/vaccination-clinics
Learn more about obligations for businesses: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/how-we-work-current-restrictions-regional-victoria#victorias-roadmap
2 Churchill Avenue, Bright VIC 3741
Mon to Fri - 9:00am to 5:00pm
We would love to hear what you think about the website. Tell us by submitting the feedback form.