Our eResources cover a range of subjects, information and learning needs and are available to use whenever and whereever there is an internet connection.
Provides access to over 20 billion records which can assist you with completing your familiy history research.
Alpine Shire Libraries has partnered with the Be Connected platform to provide you with a range of online learning resources to help support you to develop your digital skills and confidence. The Be Connected platform is an Australia wide initiative focused on empowering Australians to thrive in a digital world. You can create a free account to help track your progress through the various resources. When signing up, ensure you use the “Alpine Shire Council – Bright Library” as your Support Centre. This allows us to continue to partner with the Be Connected platform and to provide ongoing digital literacy support to our community.
Browse, borrow and listen to your library’s eAudiobooks and eBooks anywhere, everywhere.
Online Library edition - easy to use, and easy to find trusted information.
Trace your ancestry and build a family tree by reseaching extensive birth records, census data, obituaries and more.
During COVID10, Find My Past is temporarily accessible from home.
Enjoy critically-acclaimed movies, inspiring documentaries, award-winning foreign films and more.
Free online service for members to find out what careers best suits them and how to write a great resume.
All you can read digital newsstand with thousands of the world's most popular newspapers and magazines. Access content by "checking out" Pressreader from RB Digital.
Browse and borrow hundreds of the best Australian and International titles across eAudiobooks, eBooks, eMagazines and now eComics!
Connecting children with literature through a vibrant and interactive experience.
Need Help Accessing our eResources? See our Help Guides Below:
Bolinda BorrowBox eBooks & eAudiobooks on Tablets
The Bolinda Borrow Box eBook and eAudiobooks app is available to access 24/7 even when our libraries are closed! Items also return themselves automatically and don’t incur overdue fines.
You will need:
- An android tablet, or an Apple iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
- A current library card with a PIN number; and
- A Wi-Fi internet connection.
Borrowing eAudiobooks and eBooks from Bolinda BorrowBox
- Visit your app store and download the BorrowBox Library app
- Open BorrowBox. When prompted to sign in, tap on the Library field, and type High Country Library Network. Select High Country Library Network, and then enter your library barcode number and 4 digit PIN. Tap “Sign In”.
- If you have not used Bolinda BorrowBox before you will also be prompted for your email address, and an optional display name.
- Browse for a book to read by tapping either the eBook or eAudiobook collections to begin. To search for a specific title or author use the search function. Tap a book cover to find out more about the title. Each eBook or eAudiobook has a preview of the book available.
- Once you have selected a book to borrow, tap “Borrow”, the either “Read Now” or “Keep Browsing”. If there is only a “Reserve” button, the title is currently checked out to another borrower, but you can place a reservation and you will be notified via email of its availability.
- For eAudiobook downloads, tap “Listen Now” then tap “Download complete eAudiobook”, or press the menu button to download individual chapters. You may wish to download individual chapters if you have limited space on your device.
- Start reading or listening to your eBook or eAudiobook!
Returning books early in BorrowBox
Open BorrowBox, tap “My Loans”, and then the “Return” button next to the item you’d like to return.
- Each reserved item counts as one available loan
- Renewing items counts as one of your available loans
- If you have limited data available on your home Wi-Fi, you may wish to use the free Wi-Fi available at your local library.
Kanopy is a video streaming service with a focus on providing entertaining and enriching content free to users by partnering with public libraries – such as the High Country Library network. Kanopy offers a diverse range of documentaries, foreign films and Australian films.
Library members can watch up to 5 films per month. Once you have started watching a film you have three days to view it as many times as you would like without using additional play credits.
Once users have reached their play credit quote (5) for the month you will be unable to watch any more films until the new month starts and your play credits are reset.
- To get started, either download the app to your device or visit the Kanopy website: https://www.kanopy.com/
- Choose “Find Your Library”
- You can search for your library either by turning on location services, typing in your location or using your post code. The Library Service you need to select is: High Country Library Network
- Enter your Library Card Barcode number and pin (default pin is last four digits of your library barcode number). Click Next/Continue.
- You will be prompted to create an account. You can do so by using an existing email account or logging in via your pre-existing Facebook or Gmail account. Click Log In.
- If you create a new account with an email account, you will need to verify your email by clicking the link in the verification email Kanopy sends you. Check your spam or junk email folder if you do not receive this email.
- Start watching and enjoy!
As part of your access to Kanopy, you also have access to Kanopy Kids which includes access to a range of children’s programs. Unlike the main Kanopy website, you have unlimited playing credits in Kanopy Kids. Kanopy Kids is designed for and recommended for children pre-school aged up to 12.
If children are accessing your Kanopy account, you may like to set parental controls. This means you will be required to enter a PIN when attempting to view a title that has not been approved for viewing in Kanopy Kids. This feature prevents your child from stumbling upon unsuitable content on Kanopy.
- To set up you will need to be logged into your account via the Kanopy website - https://www.kanopy.com/
- Go to your Dashboard and select “Parental Controls”
- Click “Turn On”
- Create a 4-digit PIN and click “Save”. Ideally use an original PIN that your child in unlikely to guess.
- The parental controls will be activated after exiting Kanopy Kids for the first time after setup. You will only be required to enter your PIN once during a single session. Your session will end when you log out, or you enter and exit Kanopy Kids again.
If you would like further information on Kanopy, please view the Kanopy Support page for assistance.
To sign up, use your preferred internet browser
- Go to the High Country Library Network RB Digital portal: https://highcountry.rbdigitalglobal.com/
- Click on “Register” in top right corner of webpage.
- Enter your library card number into the “Card Number” field that appears in the top middle of the webpage. Click “Next”. (If the page returns with the following message: “Something went wrong creating your new account”, it is likely you already have an account. Try logging in, rather than creating an account.)
- Fill in your name, email and a password for your RB Digital account. Then click “Register”.
To log in next time:
- Click “Login” in the top right corner of the webpage.
- Enter your email address and password you created for your account and click “log in”.
- If you forget your account password, on the log in screen, click the “forgot your password or PIN?” link and follow the instructions.
To log in using the RB Digital app
- Download the app from your app store
- Once installed, open the RB Digital app
- If you have created an account:
- Choose Australia from the “Select Country” menu
- Enter your email and click “Next”, then password for your account
- If you have not already created an account
- Tap “Not a member? Register Now”
- Tap to choose Australia from the country list, and then Choose Library
- Tap to choose library, and type High Country Library Network
- Tap “Create Account”
- Enter your library card barcode number, and fill in the rest of the details and tap “Register”
- Start exploring the RB Digital app for some fabulous titles.
Story Box Library is a subscription based educational website, created for children to view stories by local authors and illustrators, being read aloud by fantastic, predominantly Australian and New Zealand, storytellers. Reading aloud to children, particularly by diverse and engaging storytellers, greatly improves language and literacy skills, especially in the early years of a child’s development.
To access Story Box Library
- Go to the Story Box website at: https://storyboxlibrary.com.au/
- Click “Log in” in the top right hand corner of the webpage
- Select “Click here for library barcode login”
- Select High Country Library Network from the library drop down menu
- Enter your library card barcode number
- Click “log in”
- Have a look around and discover some brilliant content!
Stories on the Story Box Library are broken down into the following categories:
- Pre-schools – 3-5yrs
- Lower primary 5-7yrs
- Middle primary 8-10yrs
- Upper primary 10-12yrs
- Stories can also be used by children 12+
Most stories come with an activity which provides families with an idea to further engage children with themes and characters presented in the stories. They involve minimal preparation and are quite general, providing scope to adapt the activity to suit children of a variety of ages and abilities. Often with a focus on art or play, the activities promote an active, balanced lifestyle for young children and an opportunity for family members to connect. Supervision and safety is the responsibility of parents during activity time.