Information to help you develop your business.
List your business on our tourism websites to increase exposure and reach visitors before they arrive.
Creating a listing on the ATDW has many other benefits, including:
- Your business listed on:
- Boost Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) of your own website
- Drive traffic to your website
- Give you full control and can be updated as often as you like
- Give you the chance to host media groups through Tourism North East's PR program
The annual fee for an ATDW listing is only $295, or $120 if accredited through ATAP, Ecotourism, Auscamps, or RVMAP. Listings are free for events and not-for-profit organisations.
Things to have ready:
- A 200 word description of your business
- Images of your business (Minimum 2100 x 1600 pixels in size)
Brochure Display in Alpine Shire Visitor Information Centres
(Bright – Alpine, Myrtleford and Mount Beauty)
Council operates three accredited Visitor Information Centres (VICs) in each of the key townships of Bright, Myrtleford and Mount Beauty. They service approximately 134,000 walk in visitors annually across the three VIC’s. Our professional staff and ambassadors are committed to providing resourceful and impartial information to help promote your individual business and the Bright & Surrounds brand. You are encouraged to enhance your marketing exposure by displaying your DL size business brochure in our Visitor Centres free of charge.
To display your brochures in our VICs it is as simple as:
- Fill out your business information here
- Sign (or initial) to say that you have read, understand, and agree to the brochure display criteria
- Take your brochures into the Visitor Information Centre (Space is limited in some centres and preferences will be given to businesses residing in that town)
Council and regional tourism body Tourism North East, create several brochures to help promote the region, including:
- Township maps – Bright & Surrounds, Myrtleford & Surrounds and Mount Beauty & Surrounds.
- Walks and Trails
- Cycle and Trails
- Bright & Surrounds Official Visitor Guide
- Ride High Country Cycle Guide
- Feast High Country Guide
Operators are welcome to use these marketing tools to help visitors make the most of their stay. You can order brochures by filling out this form and email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be contacted when they are ready to pick up from the Council office.
Regional Development Australia - Hume Region Statistics
Regional Development Australia provides public statistics relating to the Hume Region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics
The Australian Bureau of Statistics website make township data available for populations of 50 people or more. A useful tool is the Socio-Economic Indexes for Areas (SEIFA) which provides a map of Index of Relative Socio-economic Disadvantage (IRSD) interactive map.
The ABS offers QuickStats link for the Alpine Shire local government area for 2016. You can drill down to township specific information from this link. For in-depth information about our community visit our general community profile.
To learn about our socio-economic indexes (SEIFA) for our townships use the ABS’s interactive map.
The Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) provides data tables projecting populations from 2011 to 2051. DELWP also provides information on townships over time with time series data from 1981 to 2016 (using the enumerated population).
.id Community Profiles
.id provide suburb-based community profiles.
Regional tourism body Tourism North East Victoria's Market Profile fact sheet provides a summary of the latest tourism data for Victoria's High Country campaign region.
Tourism Travel Snapshot
Tourism travel snapshot sheets have been developed using data provided from Tourism Research Australia. These are compiled in the same format as Tourism North East to provide comparable information against our region.