Council collects prunings from your kerbside every year, in July and August.
Each household is limited to 3m2. The prunings are chipped and then made available for use on gardens. Residents can collect the mulch from the places listed below after collection.
- Myrtleford: Monday 15 July - Friday, 19 July
- Mount Beauty & Tawonga: Monday 22 July - Friday, 26 July
- Bright, Porepunkah & Wandiligong: Monday, 29 July - Friday, 2 August
Where to Collect Chipped Prunings
You can collected free chipped prunings from:
- Myrtleford - Entrance to Showgrounds near Golf Club
- Bright - Coronation Avenue, Football ground and Pony Club
- Mount Beauty - Embankment Drive, opposite Shire Depot
- Porepunkah - Riverside Park
The following conditions apply:
- Prunings will only be collected once per household on or near the date specified for each township. Households placing unacceptable material or not abiding by the timetable will be responsible for removing these items from the road reserve.
- Prunings placed on a nature strip too early will constitute a local law infringement i.e. no more than one week prior to collection.
- Prunings must be:
- Neatly stacked with ends one way on the naturestrip, not obstructing vehicular or pedestrian traffic
- Have minimum diameter of 20mm
- Have a maximum diameter of 200mm
- Be no longer than 2 metres
- Be less than 3 cubic metres total loose volume
- On the nature strip by the specified date
- The following materials will not be collected:
- Vines and creepers
- Blackberries, roses, bamboo, flax and palms
- Tree stumps, and tree roots
- Spiky lemon varieties
- Wire, string, metal, plastics etc.