Council collects prunings from your kerbside every year, around July/August.
Council offers an annual collection of garden prunings from residents' naturestrips.
Collection will take place at:
Myrtleford: Monday 12 July to Friday 16 July 2021
Mount Beauty and Tawonga: Monday 19 July to Friday 23 July 2021
Bright, Porepunkah and Wandiligong: Monday 26 July to Friday 30 July 2021
- Prunings will only be collected once per household on or near the date specified for each township. Households placing unacceptable material or not abiding by the timetable will be responsible for removing these items from the road reserve.
- Prunings placed on a nature strip too early will constitute a local law infringement i.e. no more than one week prior to the collection week.
- This collection program is for PRIVATE TREE PRUNINGS ONLY. Pruning of Council owned trees will constitute a local law infringement. Residents will be responsible for the removal of Council-owned trees in this instance.
Prunings must be:
- Neatly stacked with ends facing the kerbside on the nature strip, not obstructing vehicular or pedestrian traffic
- Have a minimum diameter of 20mm for each pruning
- Have a maximum diameter of 200mm for each pruning
- Be NO longer than 2 metres in length
- Be LESS than 3 cubic metres total loose volume
- On the nature strip by the specified date
- Not bound by wire
The following materials WILL NOT be collected or chipped:
- Vines and creepers
- Blackberries, roses, bamboo, flax and palms
- Tree stumps, and tree roots
- Spiky citrus varieties
- Wire, string, metal, plastics etc
Chipped Pruning Collection will occur during the townships corresponding kerbside week at the following locations:
- Myrtleford – Entrance to Showgrounds near Golf Club
- Mount Beauty – Embankment Drive, opposite Shire Depot
- Bright – Pioneer Park, football ground and Pony Club
- Porepunkah – Riverside Park