Event Organiser Webinars: The Road Ahead
Event Date(s) and Time(s)
An online series exclusively for the benefit of event organisers who are planning to deliver an event within the Alpine Shire. Its aim is to aid with event delivery, resilience and sustainability.
Events - The Road Ahead
Using this time wisely - industry skills development program
This webinar series is presented to you by the Alpine Shire Council and is exclusively for the benefit of event organisers who are planning to deliver an event within the Alpine Shire. This webinar series will be run by multi- tourism award winner, Krista Hauritz. Attendees will receive digital resources and have the opportunity to ask Krista questions at the end of each webinar.
About the presenter - Krista Hauritz
With a love of travel, celebrations, and a genuine curiosity for people and places, Krista has lived, worked and breathed regional tourism and events for over twenty-five years. A multi- tourism award winner, Krista has held senior positions in the industry, including Tourism and Events Queensland and Regional Tourism Organisations and is listed in the Who’s Who of Australian Women.
We invite you to select from one or all of the six targeted webinar sessions. Program details are as follows:
Grant writing – myth busting and insider trade secrets
Wed 27 May, 10am -11.30pm (90-mins)
- Getting the concept right
- Where to find the money
- What makes a great application?
- Getting the budget right
- Link between grants and sponsors
- + Alpine Shire Council talks about Alpine Shire Event Funding Program
- Overview of the upcoming webinar series
How best to use this time well – the action plan
Wed 3 June, 10.00am-10.45am (45-mins)
- Maximising how best to use this time to work on our events
- Let’s priorities our wish list
- Action Plan development
- Cash flow innovations
Dealing with a cancelled or postponed event
Wed 10 June, 10am-11am (60-mins)
- Practical tips for communication cancelling or postponed events
- What works to use, what channels to share the information on
- What do I do with sponsors?
- Real life examples of who’s done it well
- We’ll touch on the topic of ticket refunds
- Ensuring you’ve communicated with sponsors, suppliers, volunteers and strategic partners
Event marketing during and post COVID-19
Wed 17 Jun, 10am to 11am (60-mins)
- Keeping your audience engaged
- 3 phases of marketing from dreaming, relaunching and boom time
- Selling online and keeping the cash flow going
- Check those reviews
- Fiercely local and other likely travel trends post COVID-19
- Real life case studies from events on how they’re doing it
Taking your event into the future post COVID-19
Wed 24 Jun, 10am-11am (60-mins)
- Will people be able to afford to attend our event?
- Should we be cheaper?
- Do we need to adjust our event experience and program development?
- Who should we target?
The 3 step business plan
Wed 1 Jul, 10am-11.30am (90-mins)
- Where have we been
- Where are we going
- How are we going to get there
- Financial review, are you grant addicted?
- 1-2 page business plan and action plan template
Register now to attend one or more webinar sessions:Event Organiser Webinar Series: The Road Ahead
Sessions will be delivered to you via Zoom. First-time users, you'll need to have your own Zoom Basic Free Account set-up before you begin. Please note, only eligible event organisers will be admitted into Zoom sessions.
Rate this page
2 Churchill Avenue, Bright VIC 3741
Mon to Fri - 9:00am to 5:00pm
PO Box 139, Bright VIC 3741
03 5755 0555
TTY users phone 133 677
then ask for 03 5755 0555
All contact details and opening hours
We would love to hear what you think about the website. Tell us by submitting the feedback form.