Community Bushfire Recovery Event Funding Program
Applications are now closed.
Supported by Australian and Victorian governments under the Commonwealth-State Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA), the Community Bushfire Recovery (CBR) Event Funding Program supports activities and initiatives that bring bushfire affected communities together, build resilience and raise awareness of support services.
CBR Event Funding is designed to support small community events that:
- Attract participation mostly from Alpine Shire, Falls Creek and Mount Hotham communities that are planned and managed in line with the Victorian Government's Public Event Framework to meet safety obligations and responsibilities during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
- Create a sense of community
- Encourage the community to get involved
- Celebrate local culture and/or
- Contribute to wellbeing
- Improve knowledge and awareness of bushfire recovery support services
The program is open to event organisers or community groups hosting events within the Alpine Shire between March 2021 and December 2021.
Congratulations to the successful recipients of the local community grants for round one.
Projects funded include:
- Voices of the Valley, Freeburgh Recreation and Public Hall Reserves Commitee ($5,000)
- Business Revitalisation Event, Bright and District Chamber of Commerce Inc. ($4,950)
- Mount Beauty Running Festival, Kangaroo Hoppet Inc. ($4,500)
- The Bright Fun Run, Bright Fun Run Committee ($5,000)
- Grants open: 1 February 2021
- Grants close: 28 February 2021
- Grants awarded: 6 April 2021
You can discuss your proposal with Alpine Shire Council's bushfire recovery team by calling 03 5755 055 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.