Environmental Health Coordinator
Are you an experienced Environmental Health Professional ready to make your tree change to the stunning high country in North East Victoria?
Council is seeking an Environmental Health Coordinator to join our team. If you thrive in a workplace that values innovation and variety, don’t miss this opportunity to live and work where you love.
Keeping our community safe!
Alpine Shire Council is a values-based organisation that delivers meaningful outcomes for its community. We are led by Councillors and a leadership team that genuinely cares, and at our core, passionate colleagues who enjoy what they do. We offer flexibility and invest in developing our people.
We also happen to be located in the stunning high-country region of North East Victoria. We are surrounded by spectacular mountains with plenty of natural waterways for you to enjoy. Renowned as one of Victoria’s premier holiday destinations, this spectacular region is an adventure and nature lover’s paradise, just a stone’s throw from the Victorian ski fields. It is a lifestyle like no other.
Appreciate a flexible work life balance with an adventure, nature and foodie lover’s paradise on your doorstep. Forget about long commutes and paid parking, enjoy the rural lifestyle and be welcomed by a friendly community who love where they live. Apply today, to join us in delivering meaningful work with dedicated people.
How you'll make a difference
To protect our community, Alpine Shire Council’s efficient and responsive environmental health service promotes safe health practices, prevents disease outbreaks and reduces other public health risks. We’re looking for an Environmental Health Officer to join our team, so if you thrive in a workplace that values innovation and variety, don’t miss this opportunity in a spectacular part of Victoria.
At Alpine Shire Council we’re constantly looking for new ways to deliver the best possible outcomes for our communities, so we especially look for people who are innovative, or have an entrepreneurial flair - people who can imagine possibilities and make them realities.
Drawing on your expertise, you will assist individuals, businesses and other stakeholders to implement practices that minimise risk to the community’s health. Council’s Environmental Health team ensures that the relevant requirements of legislation such as the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008, the Food Act 1984, the Environment Protection Act 2017, the Tobacco Act 1987 and the Residential Tenancies Act 1997 are met.
Your enthusiasm and confidence will have a positive influence on those around you, and your professionalism will enhance Council’s reputation as a responsive and efficient organisation.
As part of our team you will
- Action Food and Health Premises approvals, inspections, monitoring and compliance
- Design activities to keep our community safe by preventing infectious diseases by providing initiatives such as sharps disposal programs, notifiable disease investigations and public pool monitoring
- Assess wastewater management system applications working closely with the planning department.
- Provide information, education and advice to the community and Council about public health issues
At Alpine Shire Council we offer our employees
- An inclusive, innovative, supportive and flexible workplace
- Professional development opportunities
- The stunning natural scenery, extensive recreation opportunities and excellent local food of North East Victoria’s alpine region
- A welcoming and friendly community who love where they live
- A chance to make a positive difference to your community in a high performing organisation
- Forget about long commutes and paid parking it’s time for your tree change.
Our ideal candidate
You will be well organised and value attention to detail. With your excellent communication skills, you will be able to develop positive relationships that promote healthy outcomes in our community. As an industry professional with several years’ experience, you will have a good working knowledge of the applicable legislation and an understanding of enforcement and compliance procedures.
Your skills will include:
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Environmental Health) or equivalent, including eligibility to be a member of Environmental Health Professionals Australia Ltd with several years’ experience.
- Driver licence
- Valid Working with Children Check and Police clearance checks
- Great communicator
- An energetic and engaging personality
- Preferable to have experience in a similar role
- Permanent fulltime position
- Band 7
2 Churchill Avenue, Bright VIC 3741
Mon to Fri - 9:00am to 5:00pm
We would love to hear what you think about the website. Tell us by submitting the feedback form.