Environmental Health Coordinator
Council is seeking an Environmental Health Coordinator to join our team. If you thrive in a workplace that values innovation and variety, don’t miss this opportunity to live and work in a spectacular part of Victoria.
To protect our community, Alpine Shire Council’s efficient and responsive environmental health service promotes safe health practices, prevents disease outbreaks and reduces other public health risks.
Time to make your next carer move!
Alpine Shire Council is situated in the stunning high-country region of North East Victoria. We are surrounded by spectacular mountains with plenty of natural waterways for you to enjoy. Renowned as one of Victoria’s premier holiday destinations, this spectacular region is an adventure and nature lover’s paradise, just a stone’s throw from the Victorian ski fields. It is a tree-change opportunity like no other.
How you'll make a difference
To protect our community, Alpine Shire Council’s efficient and responsive environmental health service promotes safe health practices, prevents disease outbreaks and reduces other public health risks. We’re looking for an Environmental Health Coordinator to join our team, so if you thrive in a workplace that values innovation and variety, don’t miss this opportunity in a spectacular part of Victoria.
At Alpine Shire Council we’re constantly looking for new ways to deliver the best possible outcomes for our communities, so we especially look for people who are innovative, or have an entrepreneurial flair - people who can imagine possibilities and make them realities.
Drawing on your expertise, you will assist individuals, businesses and other stakeholders to implement practices that minimise risk to the community’s health. Council’s Environmental Health team ensures that the relevant requirements of legislation such as the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008, the Food Act 1984, the Environment Protection Act 1970, the Tobacco Act 1987 and the Residential Tenancies Act 1997 are met.
Your enthusiasm and confidence will have a positive influence on those around you, and your professionalism will enhance Council’s reputation as a responsive and efficient organisation.
As part of our team you will
- Action Food and Health Premises approvals, inspections and monitoring
- Assist with activities designed to prevent infectious diseases (e.g. sharps disposal programs, notifiable disease investigations, public pool monitoring)
- Assess waste water management system applications
- Provide information, education and advice to the community and Council about public health issues
- Perfect work life balance with an adventure, nature and foodie lovers paradise on your doorstep
- Forget about long commutes and paid parking it’s time for your tree change.
- Enjoy the rural lifestyle and be welcomed by a friendly community who love where they live
- Stunning natural scenery
- Innovative and modern workplace
Our ideal candidate
You will be well organised and value attention to detail. With your excellent communication skills, you will be able to develop positive relationships that promote healthy outcomes. As an industry professional, you will have a good working knowledge of the applicable legislation and an understanding of enforcement and compliance procedures.
We are looking for someone who has
- Bachelor Applied Science (Environmental Health) or a Diploma Applied Science (Environmental Health) or substantial experience as an Environmental Health Coordinator
- Experience in a similar role
- Driver licence
- Valid Working with Children Check and Police clearance checks.
- An energetic and engaging personality
- For a fantastic career change and lifestyle opportunities beyond comparison, don’t miss this opportunity to work for a high performing organisation in a spectacular part of Victoria
- Permanent position, based in Bright
- Band 6
2 Churchill Avenue, Bright VIC 3741
Mon to Fri - 9:00am to 5:00pm
We would love to hear what you think about the website. Tell us by submitting the feedback form.