Dinner Plain Activation Project
COMMUNITY feedback is being sought on the preliminary detailed designs for the first group of infrastructure elements which form part of the Gateway to Alpine Adventure - Dinner Plain Activation Project.
This is the latest step in helping the community shape the project, which aims to increase visitation to Dinner Plain and the surrounding alpine region during both the snow and green season.
Upgrades included in the project were identified by the Dinner Plain community as part of the Dinner Plain Village Detailed Concept Design Project, with improving the liveability of Dinner Plain and providing better accessibility and facilities a feature.
Community feedback on the preliminary designs is open until Tuesday 10 November.
The preliminary designs are available for viewing below.
- Council report (July 2020) outlining Council’s decision to adopt the recommended priority order for delivery of elements of the Dinner Plain Village Detailed Concept Designs.
- Dinner Plain Village Detailed Concept Designs referred to in the Council report. The items included at this stage are; P. 6 – Item 02 (west side – Horseshoe Circuit exit) and P. 9 – Items 01, 05 and 10
- Map of Scrubbers End area of proposed works showing trails to be upgraded and/or established with a crushed stone surface.
- Preliminary design of the bus bay and bus shelter.
- Preliminary design of the extended bus shelter.
- Proposed design and location (shown by a black broken line) of the depot screen fence at Scrubbers End.
- Preliminary design of Scrubbers Hut carpark layout to increase capacity and provide for a drop-off/pick-up zone.
- Preliminary design of the enlargement for the overnight carpark south of Scrubbers Hut to increase capacity.
- Preliminary design for new carparks at the eastern end of Scrubbers Hut Road and Cattle Pen Drive.
A webinar was held on Thursday, 5 November in which people were invited to go online, hear from us and ask questions about the designs.
This is the latest phase of community engagement with the Dinner Plain community with has included the following:
- December 2018/January 2019 where two workshop sessions were held,
- March 2019 where a further workshop was held and the community was invited to provide comment on the draft detailed designs and proposed project priority list,
- November 2019 where a survey was emailed to all Dinner Plain contacts asking for feedback on whether to pursue funding for the Scrubbers End precinct works, and
- June 2020 where the finalised concept plans and project priority list was emailed to Dinner Plain ratepayers for feedback.
How you can be involved
Thursday 12 November from 7pm via Zoom
Please click the link below to join the webinar: https://zoom.us/j/94809838658?pwd=Zzk1dU9mWVhQSGVaTzcyY2ZJM0Ivdz09
Enter the meeting ID: 948 0983 8658
Enter your name
Enter the meeting passcode: 3898
2 Churchill Avenue, Bright VIC 3741
Mon to Fri - 9:00am to 5:00pm
We would love to hear what you think about the website. Tell us by submitting the feedback form.