The Alpine Shire is home to many festivals and events, each celebrating the diversity and beauty of the area.
There is something to please everybody with festivities including family activities, gourmet food and wine, cycling events, community festivals, markets, music and entertainment, cultural and sporting events.
Holding an Event in the Alpine Shire
Have you ever considered organising an event in the beautiful Alpine Shire? We welcome all new event ideas, regardless of size or genre.
If you want to hold an event in the Alpine Shire or would like to discuss an event idea, please contact the Events Team on email@example.com or 03 5755 0555. Event organisers are encouraged to check with the Events Team for venue availability and clashes with other like events before setting a date. You can also check the event calendar for general guideance on date and venue availability.
Most events held in the Alpine Shire will need an Event Permit. You should apply for your permit at least 3 months before your event.
Assistance for Events
The following documents are from a variety of sources and may provide further advice or assistance for event organisers. Please consult with the relevant authorities and Council to ensure your festival or event is compliant:
- Event Permit Application Guidelines
- Event Resource Guide
- Local Media and Social Media contacts
- Event Management Planning Guide (template)
- Small Event Management Planning Template
- Risk Management Plan template
- Marketing and Promotions Plan template
- How to Create an ATDW Online Event Listing
- Works/Occupation on Council Land Application
More Useful Information:
PERMITS, LICENCES AND REGISTRATIONS
- Liquor Licence - Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation
- Parks Victoria event permit application
- Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) event permit
- Alpine Community Plantations (ACP) event permits
- VicRoads events and filming permits
- Victoria Police permits and event resources
- Streatrader information and registration
- North East Catchment Management Authority (NECMA) permits for events using waterways
- Ambulance Victoria public event bookings
GUIDELINES AND ADVICE
- Victorian Guidelines for Planning Safe Events
- Accessible events guidelines and checklist (DHHS)
- Code of Practice for The Safe Use of LP Gas at Public Events In Victoria (Energy Safe Victoria)
- Can I or Can't I? Advice during fire danger periods (CFA)
- Advice for managing events safely (WorkSafe Victoria)
- EPA State environment protection policy no. n2
- Community groups fundraising events food safety obligations
- Smoke-free outdoor dining: A guide for businesses and event organisers