Council's Event Funding Program is an annual process which takes place between May and August.
All event organisers are encouraged to apply for funding for their event.
Applications for 2019/20 have closed. If you have an event taking place in the Alpine Shire between July 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021, our next funding opportunity will open in May 2020.
Please note that this is a competitive process and submitting an application does not guarantee success.
In-kind (logistics) support offered by Council to event organisers includes the following services:
- Waste management
- Change of traffic conditions advertising
- Local Laws representation and traffic management supervision at large scale events
- Variable message board placement (where change to road conditions are applicable throughout the event)
- Online event listings and other promotions including township branded flags for display at the event
- General support and advice with the development and delivery of events
Any Council resources not mentioned above will NOT be available for use by event organisers. If you have previously used Council resources (including but not limited to items such as crowd control barriers, bollards, star pickets, barrier tape and signage) please ensure you allow for purchase or hire of these items in your budget for 2020/2021.
Please be reminded that without a funding agreement in place, there will be no financial assistance or in-kind support available and any services required from Council will incur a fee. Please contact the Events Team to discuss your event and determine any potential costs.
Please contact the Events Team on email@example.com or 03 5755 0555 for further information.
Is your event in Dinner Plain? Applications for Dinner Plain Event Funding are also available. Funding applications open similar dates to the above, go to the Dinner Plain page for more information.