| Page Last Updated:
Thursday, 14 November 2013
Bright is located in the Ovens Valley and is in the geographic centre of the Alpine Shire.
|Bright Framework Plan|
| Community Profile|
|A Community Atlas has been developed for each township in the Alpine Shire, to act as a reference document where known statistics, information and relevant material to each township is compiled. |
The documents contain a town profile as well as asset mapping.
Click here to view the community atlas documents.
Or if you find the document is too large to download, full documents including photographs can be obtained by requesting the full atlas series on CD Rom, from the Community Services department on (03) 5755 0555, or by requesting via email.
Statistical data has been summarised from Australian Bureau of Statistics information for each town, creating a township 'demographic profile' .
The Bright profile can be obtained here.
| Bright Framework Plan|
|Alpine Shire Council is currently developing a Framework Plan for Bright and invites the community to provide comment on issues and opportunities relating to the future of the township. |
What is a Framework Plan?
Framework Plans provide guidance for land use and managing growth, development of open space and recreation facilities, traffic management and provide recommendations for improving the character of townships.
Framework Plans typically recommend a range of actions which are prioritised in accordance with available resources / community needs and perceived benefit.
The Bright Framework Plan will bring together the issues, opportunities and recommendations relevant to Bright from the range of council strategic tools, including the Alpine Planning Scheme and Bright Futures Urban Design Framework.
* To provide clarity for Council and the community on ‘township specific issues'.
* To identify township specific opportunities supporting realisation of the objectives of the 2030 Vision, the Municipal Health and Wellbeing Plan and the Municipal Strategic Statement.
* To reveal the township specific relationships and gaps with regards to planning, infrastructure and township character.
* To provide a forum for community discussion around options addressing township issues or realising opportunities.
* To establish a program for ongoing review by Council and the community of township issues, opportunities and priorities.
The Framework Plan considers issues and opportunities in context of the following key themes:
* Planning and land use
* Open space, recreation and connectivity
* Character / Sense of Place
Some of the issues identified to date include:
* Vibrancy of the Bright CBD
* Residential neighbourhood character
* Residential area densities
* Car parking requirements associated with commercial development
* Availability of Industrial zoned land
* Development height in Gavan Street
* Quality and supply of open space
* Tree health and continuity
* Aquatic recreation opportunities for locals and visitors
* Footpath character and connectivity
* Stormwater capacity and potential for harvesting
* Road condition, particularly in the commercial area
* Consistency and effectiveness of public lighting
Alpine Shire Council has developed Framework Plans for each township through consultation with the respective communities. Framework Plans identify the major issues and opportunities associated with land use and the sustainability of the township as well as providing guidance for managing growth, development of open space and recreation facilities and improving the township character. The Framework Plans also recognise the recommendations of other township specific strategies and Masterplan.
Each Framework Plan includes a range of recommendations that are prioritised in accordance with available resources, community needs and perceived benefits.
Framework Plans are reviewed and updated periodically to reflect the advancement of identified recommendations and to ensure they respond to current issues and community aspirations.
The Bright Framework can be obtained by clicking here.
Current major projects
• Bright riverside waterplay area
• Alpine Community Plantation